Food videos are a huge craze on TikTok and a recent popular one was the baked feta pasta. This Tiktok trend blew its way all across other social media platforms and today there are several variations. As a part of my pasta series as mentioned in my list of 10 different kinds of pasta from various regions in Italy. I decided to tackle this food trend using gnoccheti and the addition of aubergines (eggplants).
What the Baked Feta Pasta made off:
- Tomatoes: Usually cherry tomatoes for optimal flavour, a bit of sweetness and how gorgeous they look when cooked in the oven. (the burst effect is unbeatable)
- Feta Cheese: As unusual as cooking feta sounds, who knew baked feta is something that we all needed. For best results use it whole in its block form, this helps for a creamier rather than runny consistency.
- Pasta: Absolutely any type of pasta works for this recipe.
- Seasonings: The most commonly used seasonings are garlic, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. I decided to add paprika powder for extra flavour. You can personalise this recipe however you like.
How to make baked feta pasta:
- Toss chopped aubergines, cherry tomatoes in a baking dish. Add the feta cheese to the middle and season with olive oil, paprika, garlic and salt.
- Baked in a pre-heated oven until the feta is melted and the tomatoes are wrinkly with the juices bursting out.
- Add cooked pasta and some fresh basil. then toss it all together and enjoy!
Baked Feta Pasta with Gnocchetti and Aurbergines
Tackle this TikTok food trend by making this delicious baked feta pasta. Customized with gnoccheti and aubergines for a more vibrant dish.
- 1 Aubergine (Purple eggplant)
- 300 g Cherry tomatoes (or Daterino tomatoes)
- 200 g Feta cheese
- ½ tsp Paprika powder
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g Gnocchetti
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Chop the aubergines into cubes and pour them into a baking dish alongside the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the block of feta in the middle, then season with paprika, minced garlic, salt and olive oil. Place the baking dish into the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes burst and the feta cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and mix it all together into a nice creamy sauce
- Few minutes before taking the dish out of the oven, start cooking the gnocchetti (or any pasta you choose to use) in boiling salted water until they float to the top (if using regular pasta such as penne, cook until al dente).
- Remove the gnocchetti from the boiling water and immediately transfern it into the baking dish. Throw in a few basil leaves and toss it all together. Serve hot.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 1570mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 985IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 292mg | Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @Immaculateruemu or tag #iruemurecipes!