On entering the spring months of 2020 we have seen the Dalgona whipped coffee on the top trends of the food-internet (foodternet?). Almost every food enthusiast have been talking about this decadent creamy whipped coffee. From the recent TikTok sensation to the Viral gram and even the classic Facebook groups. It has even become a challenge for anyone that classifies themselves as a foodie to give this “foodternet” sensation a try.
After coming across it several times as I scrolled through my Instagram timeline, I caved and jumped on the Dalgona bandwagon. A decision I most certainly do not regret. I went as far as making not just one and not sticking to the classic milk & ice. I ended up making three delicious flavours that soothe whatever mood my tastebud was in (I like to think my tastebud has a mind of its own).
Also, check out this Espresso Berry Blast with Chia Seeds, another delicious coffee-based recipe.
1. CLASSIC MILK & ICE
Just as the name says, ice in a glass followed with milk and topped with Dalgona coffee.
2. HOT CHOCOLATE
Chopped dark chocolate, a bit of sugar and hot but not boiled milk, topped with Dalgona coffee.
3. COOKIES & CREAM
Blitz your favourite ice cream (I used a caramel flavoured ice cream) with cookies (I used caramel cookies) and top with Dalgona coffee. A great substitute for regular cookies is
Here are other cold beverages you might like:
Dalgona Coffee 3 Ways
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp hot water
Classic Ice & Milk
- a few ice cubes
- Milk (as much as you want)
- 85 g dark chocolate
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar (optional or any alternatives of your choice, ex. honey, stevia etc.)
Cookies & Cream
- a few of your favourite cookies (I used about 6 pieces of small caramel cookies)
- ¼ cup Caramel swirl ice cream (You can use more ice cream and any flavour you'd like)
For the Whipped coffee
- Pour the instant coffee, sugar and hot water in a bowl.
- Using a whisk, whip till stiff peaks.
Classic milk & ice:
- Place some ice into a glass and add milk, then top with the whipped coffe and enjoy.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a small bowl with the sugar.
- Heat the milk till warm/hot but not boiling in the microwave or in a pot over a stove.
- Pour the warm milk over the chopped chocolate and mix with a spoon until the chocolate melts forming a thick but runny drink. (If the chocolate does not melt when mixed in, then place in the microwave for another 30 seconds and mix again).
- Pour the melted chocolate drink into a glass, top with the whipped coffee and enjoy.
Cookies & cream
- Break the cookies intoa blender with the ice cream. Blitz into a rough cream texture (just like any thick milkshake.
- Pour into a glass, top with some more cookies if you want and then top with the whipped coffee. Enjoy!